| Grand Palace |
| Grand Palace |
Hey (:
I can’t believe this is the eleventh day that I have been in Thailand. Everything here is still so breath-taking and amazing. This past weekend was by far one of the most exciting weekends I think I will ever experience in my life. We started out by visiting the Grand Palace in Bangkok, which is beautiful. There’s a ton of pictures up on my facebook if you haven’t already seen them. Then we took a bus to a city called Kancahaburi where we stayed in an amazing resort. It had a pool, spa, a huge tower, a restaurant, ATV’s, etc. Then in the morning we got picked up by our tour guide and piled into our vans and started our weekend adventure. We went to a few market places, saw a temple like thing, walked across a 50 year old bridge that was created by hand (there’s a picture of that as well in my Thailand album). We went to a waterfall that was really beautiful and in the process of trying to get a group picture together I managed to slip and bust my chin open. It bled a lot for like two hours and we were going to take me to get stitches but by the time we got close to town it finally stopped bleeding. It was pretty painful for the rest of the weekend and now its gross looking. We did some other cool stuff, saw a museum, walked way too much then went and checked into a different hotel. From there we went to dinner, sang karaoke and called it a night. We had to be awake at 6 the following morning for the most exciting part! We ate breakfast and took a boat across the river. We explored an abandoned Wat and walked towards trucks that took us to an elephant ride! It was a pretty intense ride, they have taxi’s that are a remodeled truck with benches and idk I’ll take a picture because it’s hard to explain but we took that through some crazy roads and stuff. When we got to the elephant place everyone was extremely excited. It was three people per elephant and it was about an hour long ride. They took us through the rivers a few times, and around a jungle. It was the most amazing sight ever, and it’s a lot different than being on a horse. After that we had to walk through the jungle area to get to bamboo rafts. Well this walk included crossing a river several times so we were soaked from our feet to our chest. It was kinda intense because the current pulled us. Then we got to the rafts, and it was literally a bunch of bamboo sticks tied together and you used another piece of bamboo to paddle. It was so interesting! We travelled up the river about 20 minutes and started to swim, there was a pretty tall rock so we swam over to it and jumped off of that then continued out rafting adventure for about another 20 minutes. From there we went to a few more shopping markets and got on a van to head back to Bangkok. But it was by far the most exciting weekend.
I can’t believe this is the eleventh day that I have been in Thailand. Everything here is still so breath-taking and amazing. This past weekend was by far one of the most exciting weekends I think I will ever experience in my life. We started out by visiting the Grand Palace in Bangkok, which is beautiful. There’s a ton of pictures up on my facebook if you haven’t already seen them. Then we took a bus to a city called Kancahaburi where we stayed in an amazing resort. It had a pool, spa, a huge tower, a restaurant, ATV’s, etc. Then in the morning we got picked up by our tour guide and piled into our vans and started our weekend adventure. We went to a few market places, saw a temple like thing, walked across a 50 year old bridge that was created by hand (there’s a picture of that as well in my Thailand album). We went to a waterfall that was really beautiful and in the process of trying to get a group picture together I managed to slip and bust my chin open. It bled a lot for like two hours and we were going to take me to get stitches but by the time we got close to town it finally stopped bleeding. It was pretty painful for the rest of the weekend and now its gross looking. We did some other cool stuff, saw a museum, walked way too much then went and checked into a different hotel. From there we went to dinner, sang karaoke and called it a night. We had to be awake at 6 the following morning for the most exciting part! We ate breakfast and took a boat across the river. We explored an abandoned Wat and walked towards trucks that took us to an elephant ride! It was a pretty intense ride, they have taxi’s that are a remodeled truck with benches and idk I’ll take a picture because it’s hard to explain but we took that through some crazy roads and stuff. When we got to the elephant place everyone was extremely excited. It was three people per elephant and it was about an hour long ride. They took us through the rivers a few times, and around a jungle. It was the most amazing sight ever, and it’s a lot different than being on a horse. After that we had to walk through the jungle area to get to bamboo rafts. Well this walk included crossing a river several times so we were soaked from our feet to our chest. It was kinda intense because the current pulled us. Then we got to the rafts, and it was literally a bunch of bamboo sticks tied together and you used another piece of bamboo to paddle. It was so interesting! We travelled up the river about 20 minutes and started to swim, there was a pretty tall rock so we swam over to it and jumped off of that then continued out rafting adventure for about another 20 minutes. From there we went to a few more shopping markets and got on a van to head back to Bangkok. But it was by far the most exciting weekend.
![]() |
| Elephant! |
It was pretty tough waking up Monday morning for the school but everything here is so worth it. I wouldn’t trade this opportunity for anything in the world. I love the people in my group, I adore the people at my school, the cadre is amazing. I honestly don’t think anything could go any better. This weekend were traveling to the beach and going to a weekend market that I guess is really huge and well known here. I’m excited because Saturday is my birthday (:
But, it’s after 1 and I have to be awake by 7 for school tomorrow. I miss everyone and hope everyone is doing great! I’ll try and update this again before the weekend.
- Britany

No comments:
Post a Comment